ISIJ of Toronto
This role encompasses my previous role as a Communications & Digital Media Lead/Administrator at the ISIJ of Toronto and the added responsibility of supervising a small team to efficiently execute their designated duties and deliver on their tasks with responsibility on a daily basis.
The role requires organization skills, a keen eye for detail, an understanding of confidentiality and trust in the work place and strong communication internally with staff as well as externally with members and visitors of the community.
I also work with project assignments that allow me to maximize use of my knowledge and skills in graphic and web design and my keen understanding of processes and protocols within an organization.
Project areas include:
- Designing a Membership Payment Interface to integrate into the existing Digital Portal and working with a Web Developer to see the concept come to fruition.
- Overview of organization policies and protocols and best practices to improve and implement these effectively.
- Analysis and Review of the existing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software in place at the organization and potential alternative solutions.
- Preparing COVID-19 Protocols for our Secretariat Office and actively participating on the Community COVID-19 Task Force, writing frequent communiques for the community.
- Processing Membership forms and payments for new and existing members.
ISIJ of Toronto
Overseeing the best way to communicate with the members of our community, providing solutions for efficient updates and branding a presence of the Secretariat Office. In addition, maintaining the creation of digital media elements and also assisting with administrative duties.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating advertising and marketing content for the Weekly Newswire.
- Updating/redesigning forms for internal and external use.
- Using tools to make forms and communications interactive.
- Preparing monthly snapshots for the community.
- Designing yearly calendar.
- Updating upcoming programs and events by committees.
- Prepare advertisements for moonsighting, secretariat message, and/or any other ad hoc messages.
- Peak season theme assets such as banner stands, posters, screen advertisements, donation posters, and consistent design for all elements during the season.
Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and managing administrative emails
- Assisting in bookings of facilities and requests from committees such as printing/photocopying
- Management of physical and digital files
The role comes with a large scope of where design and communication skills can be applied and neither are confined to a specific time or project.
E.C. Gold Inc.
- Working with Content Management Solutions for clients.
- Designing event ads, stationary assets, digital & print media and document layout
- Branding concepts and designs.
- Managing online e-commerce store, updating product inventory and executing sales.
- Weeding/pre-masking of graphics, layout and cutting vinyl lettering using a cut machine.
- Preparing labels on an edge print machine and preparing large media files for print.
- Packaging of components for ease of installation
Working with Artur has been a pleasure. Better yet - I alerted them of a minor issue before going to sleep. The issue was fixed the next morning. I couldn't ask for better support. Thank you Artur! This is easily a 5 star freelancer.
S I Madressa
- Administrative duties such as responding to emails, printing and copying, ordering supplies,
finance management and Executive Assistant to the Principal.
- Design & maintenance of organisation website and student management system.
- Design ads, stationary assets, digital & print media and framework for student/teacher curriculum.
- Collating reports and presentations and creating resources, writing formal letters, pre-planning for events/
and weekly classes and communicating with parents/teachers daily.
Shia Ithna'asheri Madressa
We have been engaged with Rumina for a number of years and Rumina has planned, managed and executed numerous projects for us, most recently our new website (www.madressa.net). Her ability to not only technologically understand the needs of our organisation, but also take a marketing perspective through her graphic design skills has ensured that our website, communications and branding continue to remain effective, professional and flawless.
MD Info Tech
- Content Management Solutions and web presence for organisations with integrated payment solutions.
- Designing ads, stationary assets, digital & print media, document layout, and branding concepts/designs.
Web Development Masterclass
- Understanding the essentials of Local and Wide Area Networks and how to set up a basic network.
- Domain names and Nameservers.
- Usage of WAMP (Windows) and MAMP (Mac).
- Administer a remote server using PuTTY or Terminal.
- Upload files using FileZilla FTP Client.
- Create mobile responsive web applications using Bootstrap.
- Create unique animated objects using jQuery.
- Create and administer MySQL databases using PhpMyAdmin.
- Create Web-based Login Authentication using PHP and MySQL.
- Create server and client side validation algorithms for web forms.
Seminole Community College
Took several courses focused on graphic design, vector and bitmap graphics, multimedia design, illustrator, portfolio planning, and basic web development. These courses had several projects which I completed with academic excellence.
With my experience from these courses, I began creating advertisements and posters for several events and programs for the community centre and worked with non-profit organizations to help develop their websites. I also took courses to certify with basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
Crooms Academy of IT
Crooms AOIT is Seminole County Public School’s only dedicated magnet high school. (Orlando, Florida). I attended and took elective courses specific to web development. I contributed to the development of the High School website (2006) and sat on the school Yearbook Committee (2007), as part of the Layout and Design team. Our layout and design team received recognition in by Herff Jones for the 2007 yearbook.
With 117 students in my graduating year, I graduated in the Top 10, 3rd in academic achievement, with honours.